If you cannnot read this message correctly, please click here
Visit the IAB Website >
Phone: +44 (0)1732 897750
Centre E-Newsletter - February 2018
Professional membership to take your students career to the next level

Are your students looking to build a career that counts?
Do your students want to stand out from the crowd?
From the moment you register your students for an IAB qualification they receive a year’s free student membership.  Once they successfully complete IAB qualifications, depending on which qualification has been achieved, they may be eligible to upgrade their student membership to professional membership.  This allows them to benefit from the prestige of recognised letters after their name, along with a host of offer support.

Find out more >
Student discount available for the IAB’s London seminar

The IAB has announced the first two seminars in its programme for 2018. Of particular interest to your students will be the London seminar in May

Read More >
Why not point your students towards the IAB Facebook group?

The IAB’s Facebook group is not just for professional members – it’s for students, too. 

Read More >
SFEDI and IOEE’s Celebrating Enterprise 2018 – Award nominations are now open!

SFEDI and IOEE are delighted to announce that the Celebrating Enterprise Awards 2018 nominations are officially open!

Read More >
Thousands of scam texts halted

HMRC says it has stopped thousands of taxpayers receiving scam text messages. The revenue says 90% of the most convincing texts are now halted before they reach our phones (that still leaves 10%!).

Read More >
Effective studying: how your students can help themselves

Here are some top tips on how your students can look after themselves when they are studying

Read More >
National Apprenticeship Week is coming

Thousands of students are set to join #10kTalks for National Apprenticeship Week 2018.

Read More >
Cambridge opts for apprenticeships

Cambridge University is to offer apprenticeships for the first time, it has been announced.

Read More >
International boost

International students contribute more than £20bn a year to the British economy, new research has shown.

Read More >
Beware the third wave!

Big 4 firm PwC has identified three waves of automation between now and the mid-2030s, and is calling them ‘the algorithm wave’, ‘the augmentation wave’ and ‘the autonomy wave’.

Read More >
Stay in Touch with IAB!
International - European Union grows at fastest pace for 10 years

The European Union economy grew at its fastest pace in a decade last year, figures from the EU statistics office Eurostat have confirmed.

The 28-strong EU expanded by 2.5% in 2017, its strongest performance since 2007, when it grew by 2.7%.

Read the full article on BBC News >
© 2007-2018 International Association of Bookkeepers

If you cannot see this email, click here.
To visit the IAB website click here. If you wish to be removed form our mailing list,

please click here.