Where will you hold your drill? Who will take part? What will you do before, during and after?
Here are some ideas from people who have signed up to take part in New Zealand ShakeOut 2015:
• A national insurance organisation is planning to have stands with information and photographs in their main offices, will instruct employees to do the drill and 9:15am, 15 October and to check their personal water supply while under their desks.
• A mental health organisation is planning to hold a workshop with their clients, checking their survival kits and plans, and talking about what to do in an emergency when the centre is not open.
• A North Island supermarket will be announcing the drill over their intercom to encourage staff, customers and sales representatives to take part in the drill
• A Waikato preschool is learning the Turtle Safe song so the children know the right action to take. They will also practise their tsunami plans and evacuate their centre to high ground after the earthquake drill.
• A Wellington medical centre will hold the drill, have information posted in the waiting room leading up to the drill, distribute information to staff prior to the event, reminding them to have a 'grab bag' at work and to review their plans to contact family members in an emergency. They will also check their emergency supplies, generator and fuel and review their business continuity plan.
Find out more ways to plan your drill in the How to Participate section of our website