The Network’s 2017/2018 Annual General Meeting was held on Tuesday, 4 December. Pauline Webb, the Network’s President for the past18 years informed those in attendance that on 14 December she will be leaving Local Government to commence a new chapter in her life.
The Executive Committee thanked Pauline for her outstanding contribution and commitment to the Network through the endless volunteer hours and passion in building the network from six councils to now approximately 150 councils.
In November, the Executive Committee held their annual Strategic Planning Day, where it was recognised that with the growth the network continues to experience, it was appropriate for the Network to establish a paid part-time dedicated Executive Officer role. This position was offered to Pauline, who has accepted, resulting in continuity for our members.
In 2019, this new position will collaborate with the National Executive and Chapter Committees:
- to manage all the finances and financial reports including meeting quarterly and annual reporting as required by the ATO and ASIC
- assisting with organising member meetings and training
- liaising with members to continue to propagate the website
- assisting our WA and SA members to launch State chapters
- reviewing and consulting on the Network’s constitution
2018/2019 National Executive Committee:
- President - Damien Robinson, Senior Customer Service Advisor, Blue Mountains City Council
- Vice-President/Secretary – Lee Wear, Customer Relations Coordinator, Camden Council
- Vice Secretary - Karli Fairclough, Senior Customer Service Officer, Camden Council
- Executive Member – Bridget Vanderburg, Team Leader Customer Service, Hawkesbury City Council
- Executive Member – Michelle Berridge, Manager Customer Service, Northern Beaches Council
- Executive Member – Seini Likio, Coordinator Customer Services, City of Canada Bay Council
2018/2019 Northern NSW Chapter Committee:
- Nicole Merchant, Team Leader Customer and Business Services, Bellingen Shire Council
2018/2019 Riverina NSW Chapter Committee:
- Allister Brockley, Customer Service Team Leader, Albury City Council
- Meredith Hester, Team Leader Customer Service, Wagga Wagga City Council
2018/2018 South-East Queensland Committee:
- Cath Harding, Customer Service and Information Management Coordinator, Western Downs Regional Council
- Margie Jackson, Coordinator Customer Contact, Scenic Rim Regional Council
- Michelle Harding, Customer Service Project Officer, Lockyer Valley Regional Council
2018/2019 Tasmanian Chapter Committee:
- Danielle Harvey, Customer Services Coordinator, Devonport City Council
- Gabrielle Bowring, Customer Service Coordinator, Glenorchy City Council
- Robbie Shafe, Customer Service Coordinator, Kingsborough Council
2018/2019 Western Australia Chapter Committee (NEW):
- Marcia Coelho, Coordinator Customer Relations, City of Melville Council
- Matthew Reed, Principal Advisor Customer Relations, Town of Victoria Park Council
- Susan McCaughey, Coordinator Customer Service Centre, City of Greater Geraldton Council
Thank you to our members who have committed to volunteer positions on the National and Chapter Committees.
On behalf of the Executive Committee/Chapters I wish you all a very festive season with family and friends and we all look forward to working with you in 2019.
National Local Government Customer Service Network