Hello and welcome to our final newsletter for 2017!
Thank you for all your support - we have been thrilled to see so many of you at events throughout the year.
You will notice that your membership invoice for the 2018 calendar year will come out towards the end of this week and will cover your membership from Jan-Dec 2018. It's through your support of the association that we can continue to provide the professional development and publications that reinforce our position as the only professional association dedicated exclusively to young adolescents.
We have some exciting events taking place next year and hope you can join us for some of them:
Ongoing: throughout the year we are running for the first time, specific middle years certification workshops where you can achieve certification as an exemplary practitioner in the middle years. These workshops will run in each major city from term 2- term 4. Dates and venues will be sent out soon.
October 2018: 10 day educational tour of Finland
October 2018: Singapore action research conference
Other projects we are working on:
* updating our Position Paper as an infographic - for you to share with staff and parents in your community
* supporting research in the middle years by having links on our website to current research for practitioners to refer to
* creating a directory of 'schools to visit'
* creating a directory of 'recommended programs and experts'
* increasing use of our members forum for sharing ideas and support
Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome and we encourage you to get in touch by email if there is anything we can assist you with or if you'd just like to chat about middle years issues.
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a safe and relaxing holiday break.