No Images? Click here
The Squeal Newsletter

In this issue:  End-of-Season Results & Photos  •  A Message from Your RE   •   Year-End Banquet Details   •   No December Member Meeting   •   2016 Executive Board Announcement   •   Member Spotlight: Albert Ngo   •   News from SCCA   •   November Regional Meeting Minutes

Year-End Banquet — January 16, 2016

A Message from Your RE

WOW, how time flies where you are having fun! Once again our competition season and the calendar year has come to an end. We certainly can put another successful endeavor in the books. As your RE of Susquehanna Region, the hard work and dedicated efforts of our members really makes my job easy. I thank you all!

I’m looking forward to our annual holiday party on the 16th of January, which not only acknowledges winners of our autocross and rallycross programs, but also gives credit to those individuals who run the region. We certainly have a cadre of great members who truly make it happen. Please join us for what I know will be a FUN time!

TRAVEL SAFE — Steve Limbert, Regional Executive


Year-End Banquet Details

Enjoy conversation, complementary beer and soda, a great buffet dinner and, of course, awards and door prizes! Come out and help us celebrate the success of our 2015 Auto Camp Tire and Auto Service Center Autocross series and our Rallycross events. Reservations are limited to the first 100 RSVPs in the order received and it's only $10 a person... so don't wait to register! 


Approximate Timing

Saturday, January 16, 2016
6:00 p.m. — Reception
7:00 p.m. — Dinner & Invocation
8:00 p.m. — Recognition Awards



The Holiday Inn
604 Station Road
Grantville, PA 17028


No December Member Meeting 

There will be no December membership meeting for the club. Instead, we will have a quick informal meeting at the start of the 2015 year-end banquet on January 16, when 2016 board members will assume their positions.

Soon after the banquet, the Susquehanna Region executive board, along with the autocross and rallycross committees, will meet to discuss the 2016 competition schedule and event site acquisition. Announcements will be made via this newsletter when details become available. 


2016 Executive Officers Announced

At the November membership meeting, Susquehanna Region members elected its 2016 executive officers. They are as follows:

Regional Executive: Steve Limbert
Assistant RE: Kristen Poole
Treasurer: Alan Lesher
Secretary: Ed Womer
3-year Director: Geoff Craig
2-year Director: Charlie Demmy
1-year Director: Markus Houser


Member Spotlight

Name: Albert Ngo
From:  Mount Joy, PA
Runs:  Autocross
Drives: 2011 Subaru STI - STU 
1997 Mazda (Mr. Putt-Putt) Miata - ES

Member since: 2015

You can't miss the Angry panda on my cars. It will make you laugh.


Want to be featured in a future newsletter? 

Photo of Doug Austin

News from SCCA


Mid-Ohio Runoffs Qualifications, Track Configuration Posted

The qualification process and course configuration for the 2016 SCCA Runoffs Presented by Garmin VIRB at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course ... have been posted.



United States F4 Pushing Toward Inaugural Season 

The FIA-certified F4 U.S. Championship powered by Honda continues to gain momentum with Crawford Composites continuing to build the chassis...



Ever Wonder Where Racing Tires Come From?

ABC 57 is taking you behind the scenes of one of the largest tire manufacturers in motor sports. Hoosier Tire sends race tires to countries all over the world.



Regional Meeting Minutes

November 24, 2015
      Meeting was called to order by Steve at 7:30. There were two guests present, Terry and Lynn Hanushek with Terry being our area director from SCCA.
      A vote was held for the 2016 Executive Board for Susquehanna Region. Returning are Steve Limbert for Regional Executive, Alan Lesher as Treasure, Ed Womer as Secretary and Geoff Craig as director. Kristen Poole will be the new Assistant RE.
      Dave motioned the last months minutes be approved and they were.
      Alan gave the treasures report with  income being more than expenses, so the club is on good financial ground. There was discussion about the income from the rallycross and the cancelation of the event.
      Henry gave the assistant RE report and there was discussion about the supplemental rules. There was a recommendation about revising the information on the website and Markus agreed to fix it.
      An E-board meeting was scheduled on December 8th at 7:30PM concerning the trophies that will be presented at the awards banquet.
      Steve reported on membership. The region added some members and is now at 345, and Steve is calling members that have lapsed to remind them to renew if they forgot.
      Geoff gave the autocross report and there was nothing on events since the season is over but he did talk about the truck work, an upgrade in the software for timing, and the possibility of replacing the display sign. Steve asked that they obtain a cost for replacing the sign. There was discussion about obtaining a club trailer and it was decided that a 14’ long trailer would be sufficient. Geoff will get some info on trailers for the next meeting.
      John gave the rallycross report and because the season is over there is nothing planned for the immediate future but he asked about possibly having some kind of equipment available for grooming the lot during the events, if needed.
      Kristen gave a report on The Squeal and the response is holding steady from last month.
      Doug gave a report on Facebook and there was discussion about possible winter events.
      Under old business Charlie said there are t-shirts available and do we want to get things for door prizes at the awards banquet? It was decided that $100 would be allocated to obtain door prizes. There was discussion about the “Thing” and that it needs to be brought back from last year. Kristen agreed to get in touch with Ben Brandt to relay that he needs to add something to it, return it, and give it to someone else at the banquet.
      Under new business Terry, our area director, said the club is doing well and had a good turnout for the Runoffs at Daytona. The annual event will move to Mid Ohio next year and then to Indy the following year. There were 1230 entries at the Solo II national and the event will remain at the same venue. They think they can handle 1330 entries, maximum. Terry also talked about the new Track Night program and that it is selling out for the events. He did not have any demographics as for the participants. There is new registration for the runoffs as well as solo nationals and it will be developed for regional events as well. The membership has been slowly climbing which is good for the club. There was discussion about the Pro Racing. It hasn’t been too successful and owes the club money, so the club has gone to a new model of allowing others to operate the series. That has slowly allowed the club to recoup the money spent. The club has gone into the F4 series which is a new class of open-wheeled car and appears to be somewhat inexpensive to participate in. There was also discussion about the future of Summit Point as it is rumored that the government has offered to purchase the facility since they are so involved in using it for various training done there.
      Henry made a motion for adjournment and was seconded by Dave.

Respectfully submitted — Ed Womer, Secretary


2015 Regional Schedule

1/16/16: End-of-Year Banquet


2015 Officers

Regional Exec: Steve Limbert
Assistant RE: Henry Brillinger
Treasurer: Alan Lesher
Secretary: Ed Womer
Director 3 Yr: Charlie Demmy
Director 2 Yr: Markus Houser
Director 1 Yr: Geoff Craig


Find us on Facebook




SSC Tint & Graphics
Auto Seat Covers Co.
Aircooled Racing