Four organisations have been awarded tenders to deliver new Mental Health Integrated Complex Care (MHICC) services across the 10 local government areas in the South Eastern Melbourne PHN catchment.
SEMPHN will work with the following organisations:
- Mentis Assist (Cardinia, Casey, Frankston, Mornington Peninsula)
- Star Health (Bayside, Glen Eira, Kingston, Stonnington)
- First Step (Port Phillip)
- Mind (Dandenong).
An open tender process was used to commission the services, which are funded until mid-2019.
Developed in line with mental health reform across Australia and SEMPHN’s Mental Health Stepped Care Model, MHICC services:
- are flexible services to support people with severe/complex mental illness
- can include clinical nursing services, family support and liaison, care co-ordination and liaison (clinical and non-clinical) and improving access to psychiatrist and psychological care
- are for people who have a health care card or can’t afford/access similar services, and aren’t eligible for NDIS and Partners in Recovery (PiR).
MHICC services will start from 1 December, with referrals received via SEMPHN's new Mental Health Intake ph: 1800 862 363.