Five organisations will deliver new Accessible Psychological Interventions (API) services in eight of ten South Eastern Melbourne PHN local government areas.
SEMPHN will work with the following organisations:
- EACH (Casey, Greater Dandenong)
- Life Works (Glen Eira, Frankston)
- FMC Mediation and Counselling Victoria (Kingston)
- Mentis Assist (Mornington Peninsula)
- Star Health (Port Phillip, Stonnington).
An open tender process was used to commission the services, which are funded until mid-2019.
Developed in line with mental health reform across Australia and SEMPHN’s Mental Health Stepped Care Model, APIs:
- are flexible services to support people with mild to moderate mental illness
- include a range of short term psychological interventions
- are for people who have a health care card or can’t afford/access similar services
- are especially designed for people from hard-to-reach population groups
- can be delivered in individual, family or group formats.
API services will start from 1 November, with referrals received via SEMPHN's new Mental Health Intake.
SEMPHN has gone back to market via open tender for API services in Cardinia and Bayside (see below).