Proposals are invited from General Practices and other parties who have a deep clinical understanding of childhood immunisation to improve childhood immunisation rates within ‘hotspots’ across the SEMPHN catchment.
Childhood immunisation in this proposal refers to children in the following age ranges who are not fully immunised:
- 12 to less than 15 months old
- 24 to less than 27 months old
- 60 to less than 63 months old.
SEMPHN has defined childhood immunisation ‘hotspots’ as areas which have a lower rate of immunisation or a higher number of children who are not fully immunised. In the SEMPHN catchment these areas are Casey, Dandenong, Port Phillip and Stonnington.
Proposals from interested applicants must outline an activity or range of activities that:
- focus on a number of SEMPHN’s hotspot areas (whether across regions, or the entire SEMPHN catchment) and
- are provider-based interventions such as education for health providers, recalls, reminder systems and catch ups.
The regular review of childhood immunisation data, in collaboration with SEMPHN, will also be an important part of this project.
A total funding pool of $240,000 (GST exclusive) is available to deliver these services across one or more providers.
Interested applicants must be ready to deliver activities from Monday, 3 April 2017 until 30 June 2018.