Connect Health & Community and FMC Mediation and Counselling Victoria have been awarded tenders by SEMPHN to deliver new Accessible Psychological Interventions (API) services in Bayside and Cardinia respectively.
Bayside and Cardinia were the two remaining South Eastern Melbourne PHN local government areas to have successful tenders awarded, with API services commencing in the eight other SEMPHN LGAs in November last year.
Developed in line with mental health reform across Australia and SEMPHN’s Mental Health Stepped Care Model, APIs:
- are flexible services to support people with mild to moderate mental illness
- include a range of short term psychological interventions
- are for people who have a health care card or can’t afford/access similar services
- are especially designed for people from hard-to-reach population groups
- can be delivered in individual, family or group formats.
API services in Bayside and Cardinia will start from 1 February, with referrals received via SEMPHN's Mental Health Intake.
More information and referral forms can be found here.
An open tender process was used to commission the services, which are funded until mid-2019.