Custom Systems Project Preapproval
Nearly every trade ally that works with nonresidential programs will encounter a custom project opportunity. Some projects are simply too unique to meet prescriptive rebate program qualifications, therefore require preapproval prior to purchase.
Because custom rebates require key project information for preapproval and rebate calculation, they can be tricky if you aren’t familiar with the requirements. Help your customers avoid unnecessary delays by assisting them with the preapproval process before ordering, purchasing or installing the equipment.
In the March 2016 issue of the EnergyAdvantage Insider, we introduced you to the Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems program and process. Follow these tips to help you and your customers successfully submit the required preapproval applications, every time.
- Provide a brief scope of work that describes the current equipment and the proposed upgrade.
- Include complete project information for each piece of equipment, the equipment size and include the number of units being installed.
- Always provide a less-efficient alternative for baseline comparison purposes.
- Provide itemized project costs separately. If the project is self-installed, an estimate of self-installed labor cost should be provided on company letterhead.
- Have your customer add the required customer information.
- After the customer reviews the completed application, they must sign the customer agreement.
- As the trade ally, complete the Project Specifier/Contractor Information and sign.
- Attach manufacturer cut sheets for all proposed equipment and submit.
- When in doubt, contact a Trade Ally Ambassador for assistance!
Offer Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems rebates today to help customers achieve greater energy savings.
Questions? Call the trade ally team at 877-290-4517.
Be sure to read the next issue for an example of how Custom Systems rebates helped a customer efficiently complete a project!
Important Upcoming Dates
July 29, 2016
HVAC SAVE training in Davenport, IA
July 29, 2016
Building Operator Certification in Iowa City, IA
Sept. 22, 2016
HVAC SAVE training in Omaha, NE
Sept. 30, 2016
SAVE testing deadline to submit rebate applications for A/C units installed after Oct. 1, 2015
Oct. 25-26, 2016
Iowa Energy Summit at Prairie Meadows Convention Center in Altoona, IA
Register (Registration opens Aug. 1, 2016)
Nonresidential prescriptive rebate applications must be submitted within six months of dealer invoice date for the equipment/material purchased.
South Dakota program funding continues to be available for nonresidential customers installing eligible natural gas furnaces, water heaters and programmable thermostats and for residential customers wanting to take advantage of the HomeCheck®, Appliance Recycling, SummerSaverSM and Residential Equipment programs. Find more information here.
Want to promote an event?
Trade Ally Partners can promote future events here by contacting us.
We Need Your Input: 2016 Fall Trade Ally Meetings
We are gearing up for our 2016 fall trade ally meetings and we need your input! This year we want to focus on what you want to learn about MidAmerican Energy’s rebate programs.
These meetings provide helpful, relevant and timely information so you can effectively market and deliver energy-efficient products and services to your customers. We value your ideas and want to ensure these meetings provide the content you’re looking for. To submit your request, please email suggestions or ideas by August 31, 2016.
We hope you will join us this year! Save the date:
||Nov. 15, 2016
||Best Western Starlite Village
||Nov. 16, 2016
||Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center
||Nov. 17, 2016
||Nov. 18, 2016
||Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel
||Nov. 30, 2016
||Hawkeye Community College –
||Dec. 1, 2016
||Cedar Rapids Marriott
||Dec. 2, 2016
||Isle Casino Hotel
Multifamily Housing Basics
Investing in energy-efficient projects can add value to multifamily properties and increase lease occupancy rates. Lower energy bills can help retain existing tenants and attract new ones. MidAmerican Energy offers various programs to help multifamily facilities save energy. Here are the basics:
- During the construction process, residential apartments and condominiums three stories or fewer can receive rebates through the New Homes program.
- Existing multifamily housing complexes can take advantage of free energy assessments, as well as prescriptive and custom rebates for insulation, mechanical systems and lighting.
- An energy assessment is required to qualify for insulation rebates.
- Bonus incentives may be available when multiple projects are completed following an assessment.
- Common areas such as lobbies or dining rooms may be eligible or rebates found in the For Your Business booklet, while individual housing units utilize the rebates found in the For Your Home booklet.
- Newly installed mechanical systems in individual units are required to be SAVE tested.
Don’t miss out on assessment and rebate opportunities for your customers with multifamily properties. Customers can call the following phone numbers to request a free energy assessment and request to have you on-site during the assessment.
Are you a Trade Ally Partner?
Find rebate forms and program materials faster and easier on the resources tab of the Trade Ally Partners portal.
Not a Partner? Apply online.
Meet Your Ambassadors
As a Trade Ally Partner, you have access to Trade Ally Ambassadors, who are representatives able to answer your questions about MidAmerican Energy’s EnergyAdvantage programs. They’re ready to help you understand rebate opportunities, connect you with the right people to answer project-specific questions, and deliver your feedback to MidAmerican Energy.
Call your trade ally team today at 877-290-4517. The Trade Ally Ambassadors are there to help you become more knowledgeable and confident in promoting energy efficiency programs and rebates to your customers.
Have an Ambassador in your corner. Become a Trade Ally Partner.
|Dan Sherman, Andy Pohren and our newest Ambassador, Jeff Hoobin
Partner Counter—Watch the network grow!
146 Partners representing 220 offices
Interested in becoming a Trade Ally Partner? Call 877-290-4517 or apply online.