Experts Provide "Conceptual Framework" for Management of Adult-Onset Hypogonadism
New ISSM Members in China May Be Eligible for "2-For-1" Membership Promotion
A team of experts has developed a "conceptual framework" for healthcare providers treating men with adult-onset hypogonadism (AOH).
AOH refers to low testosterone in middle-aged and older men.
The work began last summer at a colloquium held by the Sexual Medicine Society of North America (SMSNA) in Washington DC. (The SMSNA is a regional society affiliated with the ISSM.)
The 17-member panel included specialists in men's health, sexual medicine, urology, endocrinology, and methodology.
After conducting a literature review, the team published a paper describing AOH, how it differs from primary and secondary hypogonadism, its symptoms, related health conditions, and treatment strategies. They also addressed concerns over the potential risks of testosterone replacement therapy.
The paper was published in June in Mayo Clinic Proceedings. More details are available here.
Health professionals who live or work and China may be eligible for the ISSM's "2-For-1" membership program. Get two years of ISSM membership for the price of one!
Please note that the following terms and conditions apply:
• The promotion applies only to health professionals living or working in China.
• Only those who have never been an ISSM member or those who have terminated their ISSM membership in good standing (no unpaid fees) and have not been an ISSM member for at least two years can apply for the ISSM “2 for 1” membership promotion.
• The promotion is valid for new applications received from May 1, 2016 until September 30, 2016.
• All ISSM membership benefits will apply from the moment you become a member until December 31, 2017.
• Membership dues are payable for the first year on admission to membership (2016) and waived for the second year (2017). Starting in 2018, dues are payable annually.
• Any person eligible for membership will be admitted only on the approval of the Board of Directors.
It's easy to apply for membership! Get all the details here.