Dear Pitt Doctoral Students,
The Three Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition is an academic competition that challenges PhD and SJD students to describe their research within three minutes to a general audience. 3MT celebrates the discoveries made by research students and encourages their skill in communicating the importance of research to the broader community.
The Pitt 3MT is open to eligible PhD and SJD students in all schools. Three winners will receive grants which can be used for travel or research expenses in the amounts of $500 or $1,000.
The deadline for submission has been extended! Presentations are now due by Sunday, March 28.
To participate please do the following:
- Record your 3MT presentation and upload it to a YouTube account. Note that if you do not already have a YouTube account, you will need to set one up. Please remember that video style and recording quality will NOT be considered when judging, as this competition was intended to be an in-person event. Your 3MT slide does not need to be visible in the video.
- Use the Qualtrics survey link below to provide the YouTube link and upload your presentation slide in PDF format. Pitt 3MT presentations must be submitted by no later than Sunday, March 28.
- Submit your 3MT presentation here: https://pitt.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_emHNpJGYHYPhQq2
- After entries have been received, members of the Pitt community will be able to vote for their favorite 3MT here. The winner of the “People’s Choice” award will receive a $1,000 travel/research grant.
- Winners will be announced live via Zoom on Monday, April 12 at noon.
- Additional information, including last year’s winners, can be found on the Pitt 3MT website.
- Questions can be directed to Meghan Culpepper at email@example.com.