6 Actions the Government of Alberta can take to help turn around the economy
A healthy and vibrant business community is essential to renewing the Alberta Advantage and strengthening the long-term economic prospects of our province.
The Government of Alberta has an opportunity with the 2016-17 budget to set a clear vision for Alberta’s economic future, and ensure that our province is
seen to be one of the best places in which to do business.
The Calgary Chamber has put together its ideas on what needs to be done to turn this economy around and is working with government to make them a reality:
1. A return to fiscal discipline
2. Embracing performance-based budgeting
3. Revising Alberta’s revenue model
4. Jumpstarting small business investment
5. Supporting innovation and entrepreneurship
6. Equitably funding post-secondary education
Learn more about three of these ideas below or read the whole document here (PDF).