Most Adolescents Cope with Sexual Problems: Study
New ISSM Members in China May Be Eligible for "2-For-1" Membership Promotion
Approximately 80% of sexually active adolescents have had a sexual problem in the last two years, according to a new study in the Journal of Adolescent Health.
In addition, adolescents who are not in a relationship are about three times more likely to experience a problem.
Researchers regularly surveyed 405 adolescents (180 men and 225 women) between the ages of 16 and 21 in Canada for two years. The participants answered a variety of questions on their overall sexual function, distress, sexual self-esteem, and history of sexual coercion, among other topics.
About 42% of the men and 48% who reported a sexual problem said their issue was distressing. Low desire and erection problems were common among the men; orgasm difficulties and pain troubled many of the women. Both groups felt low satisfaction at times.
Please click here for more details on this study.
Health professionals who live or work and China may be eligible for a "2-For-1" membership program. Get two years of ISSM membership for the price of one!
Please note that the following terms and conditions apply:
• The promotion applies only to health professionals living or working in China.
• Only those who have never been an ISSM member or those who have terminated their ISSM membership in good standing (no unpaid fees) and have not been an ISSM member for at least two years can apply for the ISSM “2 for 1” membership promotion.
• The promotion is valid for new applications received from May 1, 2016 until September 30, 2016.
• All ISSM membership benefits will apply from the moment you become a member until December 31, 2017.
• Membership dues are payable for the first year on admission to membership (2016) and waived for the second year (2017). Starting in 2018, dues are payable annually.
• Any person eligible for membership will be admitted only on the approval of the Board of Directors.
It's easy to apply for membership! Get all the details here.