Have a unique project? Go Custom!
Most of you are familiar with the MidAmerican Energy rebate programs found on our website and in the program booklets. But did you know that custom rebates may be available for equipment that you don’t find listed? If the equipment being installed saves energy and has a less-efficient, lower cost alternative, it may be eligible for a custom rebate through Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems.
Many types of energy-saving technologies may qualify, but some common projects include:
- LED lighting, such as HID equivalent >400 watts
- Lighting redesign and daylighting controls
- Natural gas boilers larger than 300 MBtuh
Because each project is unique, key information is required to calculate the rebate and provide preapproval. The process typically includes:
- Preapproval application. Includes submitting current equipment descriptions, defining the proposed upgrade, showing a less-efficient alternative, and providing project cost details. Supporting documentation is required.
- Analysis. MidAmerican Energy completes a technical analysis to calculate potential energy savings and to determine if the project meets cost effectiveness criteria.
- Eligibility notification. The customer receives a letter advising if the project is eligible for a rebate. If so, an estimated rebate amount is provided based on the submitted project scope.
- Installation. Following preapproval, the customer may purchase the equipment for installation by the trade ally. A project installation/self-verification form is submitted, along with final paid invoices and other supporting documentation.
- Payment. MidAmerican Energy reviews the documentation and, if complete and acceptable, a custom rebate check will be issued. The rebate may differ from the preapproved amount based on actual data collected and/or project scope changes. On-site verification may be required for some projects.
Don’t miss out on potential projects. Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems allows you to deliver innovative energy savings to customers when a prescriptive solution is not available. Questions? Call the trade ally team at 877-290-4517.
Be sure to read the next issue to learn how to help your customers get custom rebates preapproved faster!
Important Upcoming Dates
March 31, 2016
Residential prescriptive rebate application deadline excludes AC equipment requiring SAVE testing*
March 31, 2016
HERS rating deadline for Residential New Construction rebates
April 2, 2016
Sheldon Home and Design Expo
April 14, 2016
Understanding and Managing VFDs for Fan and Pump Applications The Iowa Energy Center is sponsoring a one-day training in the auditorium of the Iowa Association of Municipal Utilities building in Ankeny
April 22, 2016
HVAC SAVE training in Des Moines
April 26-28, 2016
TRACE 700 Software for Energy Efficient and Low Cost System Design and Analysis The Iowa Energy Center is sponsoring three different TRACE™ 700 software trainings at the Iowa Energy Center’s Energy Resource Station in Ankeny
*Nonresidential prescriptive rebate applications must be submitted within six months of dealer invoice date for the equipment/material purchased.
Trade Ally Meetings—Insights for Success in 2016
MidAmerican Energy’s annual fall trade ally meetings continue to have remarkable attendance. Over 500 trade allies, including 150 new Trade Ally Partner representatives, joined us in November and December to learn about 2015 program results and updates for 2016. The meetings offered opportunities for trade allies to meet with program representatives, provide input, and network with other trade professionals.
Breakout sessions provided an in-depth look at how to maximize opportunities through MidAmerican’s EnergyAdvantage® Programs. Attendees learned how to leverage program energy assessments, the ins and outs of residential and nonresidential equipment rebates, and the benefits of joining the Trade Ally Partner Network.
Also, our new eNewsletter, "The EnergyAdvantage Insider", was introduced. Attendee feedback was overwhelmingly positive, and indicated that the additional communication was welcome and would be beneficial to trade ally businesses. Trade allies provided content ideas for future issues and we made some changes based on what we heard.
Our goal is to provide helpful, relevant, timely information enabling trade allies to market and deliver energy-efficient products and services to customers. We’re always looking for feedback to make our programs and offerings even better. If you have comments or ideas regarding the fall meetings, this newsletter, or anything else, we want to hear it!
Find Rebate Information Fast
Based on user feedback, the Rebates|Energy Savings section of MidAmerican Energy’s website was recently redesigned. It is now mobile-friendly and provides easier access to energy efficiency rebate information and applications.
Here are some navigation tips to help you and your customers quickly find what you need:
- Visit www.midamericanenergy.com/ee
- Select Rebates for Home or Rebates for Business under Programs | Rebates
- Select State from drop down menu
- Program-Specific Information will be displayed first; select one to see more about a program
- Rebate Applications and rebate amounts are listed next; select the equipment name to view and print rebate forms
We’re always looking for ways to improve. Have comments or suggestions? Let us know.
Are you a Trade Ally Partner?
Find rebate forms and program materials faster and easier on the resources tab of the portal.
Not a Partner? Apply online.
Making It Easier
For Customers To Find You
Our new Trade Ally Partner Search Tool is connecting customers with trade allies like you, whose work is essential in advancing energy efficiency. Since it was launched in November, the tool has been used over 3,500 times to find a trade ally!
Be included by becoming a Partner.
Partner Counter—Watch the network grow!
122 Partners representing 189 offices
Interested in becoming a Trade Ally Partner? Call 877-290-4517 or apply online.