People from refugee and asylum seeking backgrounds: an open access annotated bibliography
Refugee Education Special Interest Group
This annotated bibliography includes literature relating to:
• Access to, participation in, and transition out of higher education
• Schooling and refugee youth
• Adult Education (including learning host language and literacies)
• Resettlement of refugees and CALD migrants
• Employment of refugees and CALD migrants in resettlement contexts
• People seeking asylum in Australia
• Discourses and media narratives relating to forced migration
• Methodological and ethical discussions relating to research with refugees
• Citizenship and refugees
NDIS and Disability Directory
Ethnic Communities Council of Victoria (ECCV)
The ECCV online directory includes key multicultural NDIS, health, disability organisations and resources. To have your organisation included in the directory, contact email@example.com
Diabetes Calendar 2019 - Pictorial and translated
2019 calendar with photos and information in English and selected languages about healthy eating and diabetes.
#LanguageMatters aims to improve the way we communicate about viral hepatitis and minimise stigma. #LanguageMatters provides simple alternatives to problematic words and phrases.
Hepatitis C: Good news about treatment
St Vincents Hospital and North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network
This A5 size booklet is a plain English resource about hepatitis C. In addition to the easy to understand text, the colourful images have been developed to aid understanding of hepatitis C, and to be inclusive of people from a wide range of Australian born and overseas backgrounds. Available in English, Simplified Chinese and Vietnamese at this stage.
Contact: Gab Bennett for hard copies on email
Female Genital Cutting (FGC) Factsheets
Women’s Health in the North
These factsheets contain information about why FGC happens, where it is practised, the different types of FGC, how it impacts on the health of women and girls, and where to get help and information.