Could Water Vapor Therapy Preserve Sexual Function While Treating BPH-LUTS?
New ISSM Members in China May Be Eligible for "2-For-1" Membership Promotion
Water vapor thermal therapy might be an effective way to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) with lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) while still preserving sexual function, according to new research in the Journal of Sexual Medicine.
The investigational, minimally-invasive approach uses the heat of water vapor to destroy prostate cells that squeeze the urethra and make urination difficult. The water vapor is administered through a handheld device with a retractable needle.
The study involved 197 men with BPH/LUTS. They were randomly assigned to receive water vapor therapy or a placebo treatment. The men were then followed for twelve months.
At a three-month follow-up point, men receiving water vapor therapy saw improvements in their LUTS and prostate symptoms. About a third had better erections.
At the twelve-month point, 30% of the men in the treatment group reported better ejaculatory function and 27% had improved erectile function.
For more information, please click here.
Health professionals who live or work and China may be eligible for a "2-For-1" membership program. Get two years of ISSM membership for the price of one!
Please note that the following terms and conditions apply:
• The promotion applies only to health professionals living or working in China.
• Only those who have never been an ISSM member or those who have terminated their ISSM membership in good standing (no unpaid fees) and have not been an ISSM member for at least two years can apply for the ISSM “2 for 1” membership promotion.
• The promotion is valid for new applications received from May 1, 2016 until September 30, 2016.
• All ISSM membership benefits will apply from the moment you become a member until December 31, 2017.
• Membership dues are payable for the first year on admission to membership (2016) and waived for the second year (2017). Starting in 2018, dues are payable annually.
• Any person eligible for membership will be admitted only on the approval of the Board of Directors.
It's easy to apply for membership! Get all the details here.