Did you know one of the biggest demands on residential water use is garden and lawn irrigation?
Here are some simple ways you can help, while still keeping the best bits of your garden green:
- Water your garden when it’s cool, ideally before 7am or after 9pm
- Water only in still conditions, as strong winds cause water to evaporate quickly
- Ditch your sprinkler or irrigation system and water with a hand-held hose instead
- If you’re washing your car, do it on your lawn so you’re watering the lawn at the same time
- If it’s brown, settle down! Please don’t water grass berms
- Thinking about seeding a new lawn? Please consider waiting until next year
- It’s never too late to mulch your garden!
Find out more at ccc.govt.nz/water-saving-tips