Time to enjoy family and friendship
This season brings one of reflection and celebration of all that we are blessed with. Savor moments with family and friends and give a joyful toast to exult in the happiness that togetherness brings. The brewery/pub has traditionally been a center for such celebratory engagements. Carry on the tradition, rejoice and look forward to a joyful and prosperous new year.
We are truly fortunate to have such a wonderful brewery family. First we are thankful for the great staff that makes sure you are greeted, served and truly enjoy the company of our brewery family. From Oscar who cooks your lunchtime sandwiches in Sparks, to Kelly who serves each pint in Reno with a smile and sincere appreciation, to Becky who balances the books, to Dave who does much of the hard brewing work at our Sparks brewery, and to all the rest of these wonderful folks who make it all happen. We certainly understand that we are privileged to enjoy such a worthy and caring staff. We wish them all the success in the world. And to you, the patrons, we are happy to have such a great group who visit time and time again sharing your love and appreciation with us and your friends.
Prost & glad tidings to all!!
Wednesdays have turned a little goofy lately at both the Sparks and Reno Breweries. Show up with a wacky hat, have some fun, and enjoy $1 off all beers*.
* Except during Happy Hour.
Check out more Wacky Hats
Gifting – Local and Nice
Everyone will be really excited to unwrap a gift from the brewery. It’s local, it’s fun and oh, so satisfying.
First we have a limited edition bottling (limited to only 500 bottles) of our 2011 Red Nose Holiday Ale. This year’s brew is delightfully accented by ginger and cinnamon with a pleasing orange finish. A grand elixir to brighten the holiday spirit.
2. Ichthyosaur and WhoopAss Wit soap – For $4.95 give a beautifully wrapped bar of aromatic soap custom made for us using Great Basin beer as a major ingredient. The Ichthyosaur soap is made with Ichthyosaur (of course), aromatic essential hop oils and roasted almonds. The WhoopAss soap incorporated WhoopAss Wit with honey & oats for a smooth and silky bar for that “WhoopAss Clean Feeling” we all seek. A great stocking stuffer.
3. Red Nose Holiday Almond Beer Brittle. Our Almond Beer Brittle is made right here with 2011 Red Nose Holiday Ale, lots of roasted almonds and malted barley extracts. This favorite stocking stuffer is available in 6 oz. bags for only $5. Ask for a sample and you will understand why we are so proud of the brewery creation. A great gift for the family or fellow workers to say “thanks for all that is great and all you do.”
4. Ichthyosaur six-packs and draft. The area’s fine purveyors of spirits and beer carry our Ichthyosaur IPA in six packs or cases. Enjoy the beer at home and appreciate the care and passion that went into each and every bottle.
5. Swag. Our selection of shirts, sweatshirts, hats and other swag will please just about everyone. We even have some cute onesies for the little ones.
6. Artisan Icky Bread. We bake bread daily in our Reno brewery for use in our restaurants and sell fresh artisan loaves at both breweries for $4 per loaf. After many trials, errors and successes, the recipe was a creation by our brewmaster. Ichthyosaur IPA lends strength and body to the bread while the use of barley left over from the brewing process offers fiber and a nutty character. Balance and a kiss of sweetness are achieved by using local honey from our friends Chris and Karen at Hidden Valley Honey. Reheat the loaves for about 10 minutes and your holiday meal will be complete! It also makes the best toast and French toast known to man. If you want loaves in quantity, give us a day or two notice(775-284-7711) and we will make sure they are ready.
7. Gift cards. Great Basin gift cards are a safe and wonderful gift for those who have everything but want to enjoy life. For every $25 you spend on gift cards, we will present you with a gift of a $5 certificate good for anything at either of our brewery/restaurants. Look for deals on gift cards at Costco later this month.
This year we are pleased to bring the Dead Winter’s Carpenters in for a “twang” of a New Year’s Eve Celebration at our Sparks brewery. The party starts at 10. The Dead Winter Carpenters have enjoyed success throughout the western U.S. with their trademark acoustic twist on all things American. Representing down-home American west, hot licks by fiddle player Jenni Charles and Jesse Dunn’s heartfelt vocals have made this band one of the breweries favorites. Don’t be left out in the cold – tickets are on sale for $20.
Both our Reno and Sparks breweries will serve a special New Year’s Eve menu featuring Prime Rib, Salmon and much more. Enjoy a cup of “Hoppin’ John” soup to bring good fortune to the new year.
Check Them Out