As 2012 draws to a close, Klick Communications is celebrating the successes of our first year – and sneaking in a few more reasons to celebrate before Baby New Year comes to usher in 2013.
A Humble Brag
Klick got an awesome shout-out from Startup Smart, an Australian publication, who listed us as one of the top five Aussie startups in America. Read what they had to say about us (and four other great Australian companies).
A New Hire
We’ve made a fantastic new addition to our team. In January Kate Talbot will be joining us as Communications Manager. Kate has worked on some tremendous brands including Virgin, Volkswagen, McDonalds and Diet Coke. She started her career at a tech PR agency in London and now she’s returning to her tech PR roots!
Three Media Opportunities in 2013
Did you know most magazines plan the topics they’ll be writing about in each issue a full year in advance? Looking over a publication’s 2013 editorial calendar is a great way to identify opportunities for spreading your story.
Here are three upcoming opportunities that might be right for your company:
1. Entrepreneur’s Startups is a quarterly print publication focusing on ideas and inspiration to start your business. Now is the time to pitch for their spring issue.
2. Fast Company’s March issue will spotlight the Most Innovative Companies of 2012. Think your company is one of them? Now is the time to throw your hat in the ring.
3. Inc.’s March issue is the “How I Got Started” issue, featuring lessons and startup tales from A-list entrepreneurs who were once struggling startups themselves. If you’ve got a story worth sharing, now is the time to reach out to them.
It may be holiday party season, but there’s still more to do in Santa Monica than sit on Santa’s lap. Here are our picks for events to round out 2012:
• Dec. 12 – Social Content Curation more info...
• Dec. 15 – SANTA Monica Pub Crawl more info...
Klick Communications is an international PR and marketing agency with offices in Sydney and Los Angeles. In the U.S. we specialize in helping tech companies garner excellent press coverage, execute social media campaigns and become recognized as thought leaders, innovators and disruptors.