We're excited to announce that we will be offering a summer Sportsmetrics program for youth athletes in the Sherwood area!
Lead by physical therapist, Victoria Bryson, PT, DPT, our 6 week program is aimed at reducing the risk of knee injury, as well as increasing jump power and leg strength. This program will benefit athletes of sports that involve pivoting, cutting or jumping (soccer, volleyball, basketball, football, etc).
This is an excellent program for both female and male athletes to enhance performance and prevent injury.
- Knee ligament injury rates are 2-10 times higher in female athletes than in male.
- A torn ACL can sideline an athlete for 6-12 months.
Training Dates and Times:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
June 15th - July 27th
1:00pm - 2:30pm
(no class Friday, July 3rd due to holiday)
Sherwood YMCA (23000 SW Pacific Hwy)
$220 per athlete
Includes pre/post-testing and all 18 training sessions. Previous participants should inquire about a discount.
Registration Instructions and Deadline:
Contact Sherwood YMCA for program registration.
503-625-9622 or directly at the YMCA Welcome Center
Registration deadline is Thursday, June 4th
**Space is limited to 12 participants**
Sportsmetrics™ is a comprehensive jump training program that combines plyometrics, strength training and flexibility. It is scientifically proven to:
- Reduce the risk of serious knee injury
- Increase vertical jump height, on average 10%
- Improve hamgstrings to quadriceps strength and symmetry in right-to-left leg power
- Improve landing mechanics and reduce side-to-side movements at the knee