Wow. We are over halfway through the first month of the new year. NOW is definitely the time to take a quick moment to stop, check ourselves and ensure we are well aligned on the path to a wonderful, incredible 2014. Not there yet? No problem. Refocus, readjust and get going in the direction you know you want to be.
We resolve to make this year momentous in our appeal for organ donation and fight against kidney disease. 1 in 10 Canadians has kidney disease and millions more are at risk. This cause needs much more attention. With Kidney March in its 5th year and The Kidney Foundation of Canada celebrating it's 50th anniversary, now is the time to take something that seems hopeless and turn it into something heroic. With you.
5 Ways to jump into this fight right now:
1. Join Kidney March (if you haven't already) You can register online, in person or via telephone (1.866.9KMARCH). Call us!
2. Build a team. Invite friends and family to join you. It's an adventure of a lifetime but the journey leading up to Day Zero is something altogether amazing in itself.
3. Ask everyone you know and meet to support your fight against kidney disease. Have donation forms handy and let them know why this means the world to you.
4. Start training now. Fresh air, endorphins, nature. A surefire ecipe for awesomeness. We have plenty of training walks scheduled and encourage Kidney Marchers from all over the country to form and share their training activities with the Kidney March community. We'd love to help match you up with other walkers in your area and to get the word out on your training walk!
5. Have fun. Exhaust yourself in this mission. Take it one moment at a time. You've got this. Start now.
Care to meet some of the folks who have already decided to make 2014 their best year yet and join us for Kidney March?
Heeeeeeeere's Jenny! Jenny is halfway through a kinesiology decree at the University of Calgary and has been continually inspired by her father, who was diagnosed with kidney disease in 2009 and is currently on dialysis. "Kidney March is an important event to me as I am extremely aware of how kidney failure can impact the life of an individual and those who love them."
Who will you be marching for?