With the COVID-19 lockdown bringing cashflow challenges for landlords and occupiers alike, director Andrew West from our business rates team has produced a series of videos to talk through what public sector support is available and how you can reduce your business rates liability in this period of lockdown where businesses are unable to operate as normal.
We have also included below links to articles produced during this period by our Elizabeth Hill (valuation), Philip Angell (property management) and Ben Bolton (office agency) in addition to one from Andrew West (business rates), providing their advice and views to help you at this time. These cover:-
- Can a valuation which includes a Valuation Uncertainty Clause be relied upon?
- What must Landlords and Tenants consider during lockdown
- Service charge reviews in tenanted properties
- Temporary ban on Landlords’ “aggressive” rent recovery actions
- Changing Office Requirements in a Flexible World
- Business Rates Revaluation Postponed
Our teams are working remotely, but are all available at this time to assist you as required. Please speak with your usual Cooke & Arkwright contact and we would be very happy to help you.