Simplifying TUPE in a day: understand the rule and avoid the pitfalls
Business transfers, outsourcing, being sold off, privatised – whatever the context - TUPE transfers can be one of the most testing, confusing and stressful areas of business activity for employers and employees from all sectors.
Back by popular demand, we are running a unique workshop in conjunction with leading UK TUPE expert Dr John McMullen, Director of Employment Law at Wrigleys Solicitors LLP, Visiting Professor of Law at Durham University and author of leading textbook, Business Transfers and Employee Rights.
This course will cover:
- the TUPE Regulations (including recently announced changes)
- what is a transfer
- who and what transfers
- communication and consultation
- redundancy, restructuring and harmonisation following a transfer
- engaging the workforce during TUPE
- practical considerations
This event is a must for all who are involved in business transfers or outsourcing of contracts. The event will help explain and simplify the TUPE process, and delegates attending this event will hear:
- Clear explanations of the law – including recent changes - and the legal responsibilities of the employer
- Examples of common mistakes in process
- Insight from Acas into how HR strategy fits into TUPE processes
- Insight into the impact on employees, and practical advice on ways in which TUPE can be handled and communicated better
- The opportunity to ask questions of leading experts in the field, and the chance to network with other professionals
Join us at the Jurys Inn, Cardiff on 28th of November - spaces are strictly limited so early booking is advisable.
The Acas Wales Team
Click here to meet the team.