Our Indiegogo campaign is now live: our vision is outlined, our goal is set, our "perks" are listed, and our five-day kick-off challenge is ON! We need your help right now in two big ways:
1) Contribute! I'm asking you to contribute $50 or more during the first five days of our campaign. Your early contribution will help give us a strong start, which will ignite the interest of the wider Indiegogo community. See our Indiegogo page for perk information!
In my previous email, I mentioned our plans for a Wooden-signed basketball drawing. After reading Indiegogo's fine print rules about drawings and lotteries, we've adapted our drawing to include entries for referrals (instead of contributions). We think you'll love this new spin.....
2) Refer and Win! We're giving a basketball signed by Coach John Wooden to the person who refers the most potential backers via social media and email during the first five days! Remember that your shares and tweets can spread beyond your own circle - and Indiegogo will give you credit! Just log in to Indiegogo (easy to set up!) before clicking on links to Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Also, every contributor will receive a unique web address for offline referrals.
We won't be announcing the referral challenge to the public until midweek, so you've got a head start! Your referred friends will be eligible for the drawing, too.
Here's the direct link: http://bit.ly/bciedge
As you know, BCI supports pro basketball players who step up their game so they can be the best role models - and influencers - to kids around the world. Your contribution will help us:
- Expand the influence among professional basketball players.
- Expand the players' influence with kids through more initiatives.
- Hire more staff.
- Implement a technology platform which will provide players mobile access to a peer-driven, supportive world.
Be sure to watch and share our launch video on Indiegogo. We included some great camp footage and quotes.
Thanks for helping us make this happen. Crowdfunding is an amazing machine - let's make it GO because we can - and because we've got a vision that's worth backing all the way up to $100,000.
Remember, just $50 now helps BCI start strong. And your referrals could add up to win that great piece of basketball history.
(Coach Wooden once said, "Little things make big things happen." Just a few little clicks and you're helping BCI achieve big, big things!)
I can't wait to hear from you. Here's that link again: http://bit.ly/bciedge
P.S. I'm asking you personally for $50+ today, to give our campaign an early boost. The more we raise right away, the more attention we'll get from the general public during the campaign!