Press release from Lambtononline.ca.
Wyoming, ON – At its regular meeting Wednesday, June 5, 2019, Lambton County Council:
· Recognized Gayle Montgomery, Circles Coordinator, for being awarded the Ontario Municipal Social Services Association (OMSSA) Lifetime Achievement Award for her outstanding contributions to her community and the County during her career.
· Heard a presentation from Dave Brown, Executive Director of United Way Sarnia-Lambton, on the present state of affairs and future direction of the United Way.
· Adopted the Strategic Plan developed by the Intelligent Sarnia-Lambton Steering Committee.
· Received a report denoting Councillor Joel Field as the Town of Petrolia's Alternate Member of Lambton County Council.
· Carried a motion to continue to provide a yearly waste disposal subsidy to all charities supported by the County of Lambton.
· Requested that staff prepare a report regarding the status of the housing policies contained in the County Official Plan.
· Received a report from Lambton Public Health regarding the implementation of the Community Sharps Disposal program.
· Directed staff to work with the City of Sarnia to develop a mutual agreement transferring ownership and responsibility of the decontamination unit to Sarnia Fire Services Department with the understanding that the unit remains available for the County's use.
· Requested that a Strategic Team be created to deal and interact with the Province regarding intergovernmental relationships and matters being downloaded by the province.
· Directed staff to explore and investigate all options for reducing the cost of delivering cost-shared programs and services, and report back to Council on the benefit/cost impacts of these options on these services by the end of 2019.
· Voted to retain the current budget presentation format used to support annual budget deliberations.
· Approved a By-Law to adopt assessment classifications to permit small-scale commercial and industrial farm uses for the year 2019.
· Approved a By-Law to amend By-Law No. 19 of 2019 which set tax ratios for prescribed property classes for the year 2019.
· Approved a By-Law to establish and levy tax rates for upper tier purposes for the year 2019 in regards to the C7 and I7 property sub-classes.
· Approved a By-Law to amend By-Law No. 33 of 2014, changing the County's Committee P.M. meeting and inaugural meeting start times.
· Noted that Council will next meet in Open Session at 9:30 a.m., Wednesday, July 3, 2019.