1. Rub margarine into the Barkat Flour Mix until mix resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add sugar and stir, add egg and enough water to form a soft dough. This dough should leave the bowl clean. Divide dough into two pieces, using one piece to line the bottom of a greased pie dish.
3. Peel, core and chop apples and place in pie dish. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon to taste.
4. Roll out pastry to fit top of dish. Moisten edge of base pastry and place top pastry onto dish. Flute edge and trim.
5. Out of the trimmings, make four leaves form centre of pie. Make two holes in pastry to allow steam to escape.
6. Bake in oven set at Gas Mark 4, 350F or 180C for 40-45 mins,until apples are tender and pastry is golden.