Multi-Material Stewardship Western (MMSW) has posted its Draft Waste Packaging and Paper Stewardship Plan on the MMSW website for stakeholder review in advance of the consultation meeting and simultaneous webcast that it is holding on Tuesday, June 11 in Saskatoon.
Those who will be most interested in the stewardship plan are:
- municipalities that collect or want to collect household waste packaging and paper for recycling
- companies that supply products in packaging and paper to Saskatchewan residents, and
- stakeholders who are interested in recycling of waste packaging and paper in Saskatchewan
MMSW is a not-for-profit agency established by industry to develop the product management program for waste packaging and paper on behalf of companies that are obligated to meet the requirements of the Saskatchewan Household Packaging and Paper Stewardship Program Regulations.
Obligated companies, called “stewards”, are:
- brand owners that supply products in packaging and paper to residents
- first importers of products in packaging and paper if there is no brand owner resident in the province
- the purchaser of the packaging or paper outside of Saskatchewan that purchases it for use in Saskatchewan, if there is no brand owner or first importer resident in Saskatchewan
The draft plan sets out how MMSW proposes to meet the obligations of stewards under The Household Packaging and Paper Stewardship Program Regulations.
Consultation Meeting/Webcast on June 11
MMSW is inviting representatives from municipalities, stewards and stakeholders to participate in a consultation meeting and simultaneous webcast on Tuesday, June 11 where it will present the draft product management program. Participants may attend in person or online through the webcast.
|Date||Tuesday, June 11|
|Time||9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. CST/MDT|
Saskatoon Inn Hotel & Conference Centre
2002 Airport Drive, Saskatoon
Saskatchewan S7L 6M4
REGISTER NOW to attend the consultation in person or online by webcast.
Participants who register to attend the consultation meeting by webcast will be sent information by email on Monday, June 10 with instructions on how to log in to the meeting.
MMSW will be seeking questions of clarification on the product management program during the consultation meeting and comments in written submissions following the meeting up to June 28. Options for submitting comments or questions include:
Questions about the Consultation Meeting?
Questions about the consultation meeting or simultaneous webcast can be emailed to: email@example.com.
Visit the MMSW Website for Important Information Updates
The MMSW website offers important information about the waste packaging and paper product management program development process. MMSW suggests that stakeholders sign up to be on the email list to receive program updates.