For 100 years, according to the Yachting Registry, PICYA has opened the yachting season with a parade of boats large and small. Opening Day on the Bay will be Sunday, April 23, 2017, with a decorated parade. The theme for this year’s parade is “Cruising the Century” showcasing historic moments of all kinds: Nautical, Technology, Science, Historic Figures and more. This will be a spectacular day to participate in the parade.
Decorate your boat and participate on the water! (no boat registration fee)
- Online Parade Registration
- Parade Registration Form (PDF)
- Preliminary Skipper's Instructions
- Preliminary Parade Route
Come aboard our committee boat for a beautiful cruise on the Bay!
HURRY BEFORE BOAT IS SOLD OUT
Join the Officers and Directors of PICYA for the 100th Annual Opening Day Cruise on the Hornblower which provides spectacular views of the parade and of beautiful San Francisco Bay. During our cruise we will enjoy a fabulous sit-down lunch with a no host bar and a front row view of the parade. You do not have to be a yacht club member to attend.
Commodores, be part of historic photo on board the Hornblower California
• Boarding: 0830 hours returning at 1445 (8:30am-2:45pm)
• Depart: Pier 3, "Hornblower Landing", San Francisco
• (2 piers north of the Ferry Building on the Embarcadero)
• Limited parking: available on the pier for $10 (mention PICYA)
$85 Adults/$40 Children (2-12) before 4/17/17
Includes: Continental Breakfast and Sit down Gourmet Lunch
For more information and online registration go to www.picya.org/od100