In this issue
Save $2 this week on Korbel Sparkling Wine, perfect for toasting your grad’s success (if they’re over 21, of course!). Also, save $1 on Stubb’s Bar-B-Q sauces, the main ingredient in this week’s featured recipe,
Stubb’s Smokey Mesquite Baked Chicken.
It’s Coleslaw …
Planning a graduation party? Let Nugget make it easy with our great pre-made sides. Try our broccoli coleslaw, on sale this week! It’s a great pair with our featured recipe. $3.99, save $2.
For a toast appropriate for guests of all ages, we recommend Sonoma Sparklers, which have all the festive bubble of champagne but are non-alcoholic. In addition, their sparkling apple cider is made from 100 percent organic apples; other varieties include natural peach, raspberry and pear.
Tree Free Greetings
Say “Happy Graduation” in an eco-friendly way. Formed with a commitment to the environment, Tree-Free Greetings is the first card company to work aggressively toward the use of 100 percent tree-free paper. Their cards are made from sustainable resources such as reclaimed sugar cane, up to 100 percent post-consumer recycled paper and soy-based inks. These cute, planet friendly cards are available in our Healthy Living department.
Download this week’s ad
Fresh to Market
May 27, 2009
Volume 3, Issue 12
We hope you enjoyed reading this issue of Fresh to Market. Fresh to Market is a free, bi-weekly email publication of Nugget Market, Inc.
Featured Recipe: Stubb’s Smokey Mesquite
Shop our grocery aisles for barbecue sauce and you’ll be amazed at the sheer variety of flavors and styles — some are best for ribs and others for chicken, but the majority work for just about any application.
We love Stubb’s Smokey Mesquite Bar-B-Q Sauce. Molasses and mesquite come together for a sweet sauce that everybody will love, especially kids! Give it a try and save $1 with this week’s coupon.
Let Nugget do the cooking for your grad party — our special event trays make the planning super-simple. Choose from Crudité, Spinach Dip, Guinness Beer Hot Wings, Party-sized 7 Layer Dip, and more! We’re even offering $5 off any special event tray this week — just look for the coupon in our weekly ad, available in our stores, your local newspaper, or in your mailbox!
Celebrate with Your Graduate!
Nugget’s Celebration Cakes are perfect for your graduation party. Available in white or chocolate and iced with buttercream, they’re adorned with a cap, diploma and greeting customized to the appropriate school colors. Please place your orders with our bakery. Our Quarter-Sheet Celebration Cake feeds approximately 20.
* In addition to our traditional Celebration Cakes, be sure to ask our bakers about our creatively designed specialty cakes (prices of specialty cakes vary).
Health Notes with Dr. Liz
Grad Party Tips
Whether you’re throwing an open-house gathering, pre-ceremony brunch or a sit-down dinner for your grad, keep the celebration healthy, fun and simple. Here are some suggestions:
- Hydrating drinks: With warm temps your guests will need plenty of fluids. Offer a selection of low- or calorie-free beverages such as iced green tea, sparkling water, diet sodas or fruit juices mixed with sparkling water.
- Fresh fruits: Make your own or pick up a fresh fruit platter — an array of fruit offers bite-size refreshment packed with antioxidants. Serve in a watermelon boat carved with your grad’s name.
- Sandwich makings: Set out a tray of lean deli meats (turkey, chicken, roast beef), whole grain breads and pitas, lettuce leaves, tomato slices and low-fat cheeses along with spreads (mustard, light mayo and hummus).
- Light eats: Set up a taco bar with grilled meat, whole grain tortillas and all the fixings such as salsa, chopped tomatoes, jalapenos, and shredded cheese. Alongside serve a large green salad lightly dressed.
- Sweet finish: Offer a large bowl of berries to serve with the grad’s cake cut into small pieces (saves on waste and everyone’s waist!)
—Liz Applegate, Ph.D.