VENICE, CA, MARCH 19, 2013: Sanrio Inc., the global lifestyle brand best known for pop icon Hello Kitty, and Blik, the innovative maker of self-adhesive surface graphics, are excited to introduce a new line of wall graphics that take both a traditional and artistic spin on classic Hello Kitty images. The Hello Kitty x Blik collection includes:
1. Hello Kitty: Supercute, Set 1 & Set 2 - Say hello to two sets of oversized Hello Kitty graphics - $35/set.
2. Hello Kitty: Hide & Seek - We spy Hello Kitty and her friends. Use these Hello Kitty graphics to interact with the furniture and objects in your space - $55.
3. Hello Kitty: Faces - Have fun with Hello Kitty deconstructed. Singular elements of the friendly Hello Kitty are broken down giving you the ability (and creativity) to place her iconic red bow or whiskers around different objects - $55.
4. Hello Kitty: Chalkboard Re-Stik - Grab some chalk and scribble some notes. Hello Kitty won't let you forget! Made with Blik Re-Stik™, these two chalkboards are movable and reusable - $45 (Chalk not included.)
5. Hello Kitty: Dry Erase Re-Stik - Scribble some notes with a dry erase marker. Hello Kitty won't let you forget! Made with Blik Re-Stik™, these two whiteboards are movable and reusable - $45 (Dry erase markers not included.)
6. Hello Kitty: Pattern Wall Tiles - Bring a multitude of Hello Kitty to your room with Blik’s popular Pattern Wall Tiles. With four striking patterns, you can create an accent over a bed, on an interior door or frame a small section of a wall. They are completely customizable and can be cut, crafted, and arranged in a number of ways. Rotate them, combine patterns and use on any smooth flat surface - $50.
“Our collaboration with Blik brings new ways for fans to embrace the Hello Kitty lifestyle,” said Jill Koch, Sr. Vice President of Brand Management and Marketing. “The adorable wall graphics feature our classic artwork with Blik’s innovative line of self-adhesives, allowing fans to customize and decorate their spaces with Hello Kitty.”
“Hello Kitty is one of the most iconic characters in history and her wide appeal ranging from very young kids to adults is astonishing,” said Scott Flora, Blik Co-founder. “That said, our goal was to try to do something that hadn’t been done before, meaning not just wall graphics, but introducing new concepts like the Hello Kitty chalkboards and dry erase boards as well as Hello Kitty branded wall tiles. I think we’ve accomplished our goal and the collection will please both diehard fans and Hello Kitty newbies.”
The Hello Kitty x Blik collection will be available on March 21, 2013 at whatisblik.com and sanrio.com. View the online product catalog for a sneak preview.
ABOUT SANRIO: Sanrio, best known for global icon Hello Kitty and home to many endearing characters including Chococat, My Melody, and Keroppi, is a worldwide lifestyle brand founded on the “small gift, big smile®” philosophy -- that a small gift can bring happiness and friendship to people of all ages. For over 50 years, this philosophy has served as the inspiration for the broad spectrum of unique Sanrio products and experiences. Today, more than 50,000 Sanrio-branded items are available in over 70 countries and upwards of 12,000 U.S. locations including department, specialty, national chain stores and over 100 Sanrio boutiques. For more information, please visit www.sanrio.com
For 10 years, Blik has been the leading designer and maker of innovative self-adhesive, removable surface graphics. Co-founded in Venice, CA in 2002 by architect Scott Flora and food editor Jerinne Neils, Blik is an exploration into the concept of the "wall as canvas." Today, through groundbreaking production methods, original design and collaboration with such brands as Threadless, Upper Playground, Atari, Sanrio, Keith Haring Estate, Nintendo and Charles & Ray Eames, Blik is an I.D. Magazine Product Design Distinction Award Winner and participated in the esteemed Cooper-Hewitt National Design Triennial. In 2010, Blik was named as one of Entrepreneur's Top 10 Brilliant Companies. The full Blik product line is available online and at retailers worldwide. For more information, please visit
www.whatisblik.com and www.facebook.com/whatisblik.