A summary of the key steps in climate action planning are :
- Engage: Effectively engaging the public, staff and council is critical to advancing climate action initiatives.
- Measure: Measuring your community’s GHG emissions is an important step in understanding the source of your GHG emissions and will help you to identify GHG reduction targets and corresponding actions.
- Set Targets: Targets establish goals to work toward and can be very effective in initiating and encouraging action.
- Implement Actions: Getting to the implementation stage requires developing an action plan.
- Monitor/ Evaluate/ Report: Monitoring the results of your action planning and implementation helps you to determine whether reduction measures are producing anticipated results and if your targets will be met.
FCM Sustainable Communities Conference
Victoria Conference Centre: Feb 8 -10, 2011
Reception for BC FCM delegates and friends
hosted by the Province, CRD & the City of Victoria
Feb 8, 2011, 7:30-10pm
(following the FCM Sustainable Communities Awards)
Palm Court, Empress Hotel, Victoria, BC
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org