--MEMS Industry Group Speakers Reach Out to Consumer-Electronics OEMs at 2014 International CES
PITTSBURGH -- December 16, 2013 -- MEMS Industry Group
(MIG)’s conference session at the 2014 International CES®—“MEMS Sensor Fusion – Revolutionizing the Internet of Things”—will give consumer-electronics OEMs critical information on gaining all the benefits of MEMS technology—without the drawbacks. ‘MEMS Sensor Fusion’ features senior executives from companies such as ARM, Bosch Sensortec, Freescale Semiconductor, InvenSense, JAWBONE and Movea, all sharing information on how tiny micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) and sensor fusion will play a pivotal role in creating a more intelligent and intuitive Internet of Things (IoT).
“MEMS Sensor Fusion - Revolutionizing the Internet of Things” features:
- MEMS Industry Group’s Welcome and Introduction—given by Steve Whalley, member, MIG Governing Council, and director, Sensors, Intel Corporation
- Big Data Begins with Little Data—opening keynote by Mike Muller, CTO, ARM
- A Trillion MEMS Sensors in CE products in the Future - An Opportunity or a Curse?—featured presentation by Paul Bryan, executive vice president, product management and strategy, Kionix
- Hardware-Software Co-design: The Secret to Sensor Fusion—featured presentation by Stefan Finkbeiner, CEO, Bosch Sensortec
- Intelligent Sensors and the Internet of Things—featured presentation by Babak Taheri, vice president and general manager, Sensor and Actuator Solutions Division (SASD), Freescale Semiconductor
- Wearables and MEMS Sensor Fusion—panel moderated by Ivo Stivoric, vice president of research and development, JAWBONE; with panelists: Sam Guilaumé, CEO, Movea; Sam Massih, director, Wearable Sensors, InvenSense; Tony Massimini, CTO, Semico Research; and Per Slycke, CTO and founder, Xsens
- MEMS: Unlocking Possibilities of Wearables & the Internet of Me—closing keynote by Michael Luna, CTO, JAWBONE
“MEMS devices are shipping by the hundreds of millions in smartphones, tablets, video game hardware and wearables of all kinds. And they are increasingly creating a true IoT through smart data connected to the cloud. The challenge for consumer-electronics OEMs is to take full advantage of the capabilities of MEMS, in order to realize all the benefits of the IoT, while still conserving power and size in consumer applications,” said Karen Lightman, executive director, MEMS Industry Group. “CE OEMs who attend our conference session on sensor fusion will learn how to maximize their investment in MEMS—the core enabling technology of the IoT.”
MotionTech TechZone: Experience MEMS on the Show Floor
MIG is hosting the MotionTech TechZone, featuring some of the world’s leading MEMS suppliers, end-user companies and partners demonstrating the capabilities of MEMS in consumer applications.
MotionTech TechZone co-exhibitors include:
- Bosch—featuring Bosch Sensortec, a supplier of MEMS inertial sensors and sensor-fusion software solutions, and Akustica, a provider of high definition voice (HD voice) microphones
- Interlink Electronics—developer of Force-Sensing Resistor (FSR®) technology
- Kionix—manufacturer of MEMS inertial sensors and software solutions
- LUMO BodyTech—developer of LUMOback and other products that use smart sensors and software to help people improve their health
- PNI Sensor Corporation—provider of geomagnetic and sensor fusion technology
- Xsens—innovator in 3D motion tracking technology and products
Conference Registration Information
MIG’s half-day conference session, “MEMS Sensor Fusion – Revolutionizing the Internet of Things,” will be held January 8, 2014 from 1—5:00 p.m., and will be followed immediately by an onsite networking event/happy hour for speakers and conference-session attendees. ‘MEMS Sensor Fusion’ will take place in Room N261, North Hall, Las Vegas Convention and World Trade Center (LVCC). Registration is available online: http://www.cesweb.org/Conference/Conference-Tracks/MEMS-Sensor-Fusion--Revolutionizing-the-Internet.
About MotionTech TechZone
The MotionTech TechZone is located in the LVCC South Hall 2 at Booth 25736 and will be open January 7-10, 2014 during 2014 CES exhibition hours.
About MEMS Industry Group
MEMS Industry Group (MIG) is the trade association advancing MEMS across global markets. More than 160 companies and industry partners comprise MIG, including Analog Devices, Applied Materials, ARM, Bosch, Broadcom, Freescale Semiconductor, GE, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, HP, Infineon, Intel, InvenSense, Murata Electronics Oy, OMRON Electronic Components, Qualcomm, STMicroelectronics, SunEdison, Texas Instruments and TSMC. For more information, visit: www.memsindustrygroup.org.
MEMS Industry Group and the MEMS Industry Group logo are registered trademarks of MEMS Industry Group. All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
MEMS Industry Group
Phone: + 617/876-2770