The CSJ published an Options Paper on tax credit changes this week. This short paper sets out the options open to the Chancellor as he considers changes ahead of the Autumn Statement in three weeks’ time.
The CSJ Options Paper was covered extensively in the media and provides the Chancellor with four possible options for changes to his tax credit proposals. The report also calls on the Chancellor to protect work incentives within the welfare system.
You can see the report here.
- LBC RADIO: Mention of CSJ Tax credit options paper.
- THE TELEGRAPH: Tax credits reformer wants cuts delayed (read here)
- THE TIMES: Hands off universal credit cash, warns Duncan Smith (read here)
- THE DAILY MAIL: Ally of IDS urges rethink over tax credits (read here)
- BT NEWS: George Osborne urged to phase in tax credit cuts (read here)
- THE MIRROR: George Osborne told to rethink tax credit cuts by former Iain Duncan Smith advisor (read here)
- CAPX: Socially responsible credit reforms (read here)