Urgent notice to members: AHPRA registration due by 30 September 2013
The AMA (WA) reminds all members to renew their medical registration by 30 September 2013.
You can renew your registration online at www.ahpra.gov.au. To do this you will need to know your User ID and your password. If you have misplaced your User ID and password, contact AHPRA on 1300 419 495. Please note that your User ID is different to your registration number that appears on the National Register.
If you have not yet renewed your registration, you would have received electronic or hardcopy reminders from AHPRA. If you have not received any reminders to renew or are unsure, please check the National Register to make sure your details are up to date or contact AHPRA on 1300 419 495.
Leaving renewal to the last minute may have serious consequences for your practice:
• Should you fail to lodge your application to renew by 30 September, there is a late payment period during the month of October.
• If you lodge your application to renew during the late payment period ending 31 October, you will pay a late fee of $174 in addition to the renewal fee of $695.
• If you fail to lodge your application to renew your registration during the late payment period, your registration will automatically lapse from 1 November.
• Once your registration has lapsed, you will have until 30 November to apply to AHPRA for a fast-track application for re-registration at the cost of $348, in addition to the registration fee of $695.
• If you fail to re-register through the fast-track process by 30 November you will have to apply for new registration and only pay the registration fee of $695. AHPRA will process your application as a new registrant within the usual timeframe of up to 90 days.
• Should your registration lapse, you will not be able to practice until your registration application has been granted.
back to top