IEEE-ISTO Webinar Series Kicks Off in January 2010 Promising to "Energize Your Association"
Next month, IEEE-ISTO will begin a webinar series. The first of the series titled “Energize Your Association!”, will give your Program strategies on how to attract new members, excite the ones you have and find new sources of revenue. The webinar will be held on Tuesday, 26 January 2010 from 11 am to 1 pm EST (US) and is free
for all IEEE-ISTO member program participants. Ron Rosenberg, an acclaimed marketing and customer service expert, will lead the event. In this seminar you’ll discover:
- The 5 keys to understanding your business
- How to dominate your market with your “Unique Selling Proposition”
- The 4 “M’s” of outrageous marketing – ignore them at your peril!
- The long-term value of a member and its importance to your bottom line
- Why you should rethink your entire marketing strategy to grow your association
IEEE-ISTO member program participants can register here for free.
If you aren't a member of an IEEE-ISTO Program, but would like to attend, you can register here. The price for individual non-programs is $75.
For more info on the event, click here.
IEEE-ISTO Member Programs Convene Second Annual Program Leadership Caucus
On 21 October 2009, IEEE-ISTO hosted its second annual Program Leadership Caucus. Leaders from nine different Member Programs met alongside IEEE-ISTO staff and Board members to share ideas and build connections.
One immediate action from the caucus was the start of a collaboration between IEEE-ISTO Senior Management and Program leaders on the development of a new caucus model whereby the event might be transformed from an annual gathering into an ongoing interactive forum with program representatives having more meaningful interaction with each other and more direct participation into the strategy and operations of IEEE-ISTO. Some specific ideas related to this were:
- Program representatives might be asked to serve on subcommittees created by the IEEE-ISTO Board to explore or examine particular activities in IEEE-ISTO
- ISTO could sponsor round table events where program members couldshare with one another best practices and plans regarding operational activities that consume significant parts of their budgets.
- Potentially develop a speaker’s bureau, where member participants could speak on behalf of IEEE-ISTO at industry events and gatherings
Click here to read more about the caucus.
- Left the Organization - Dheera Lingamallu, Senior Staff Accountant
- 16 November 2009 - Blade.org Announces Webinar Series Focusing on Emerging Trends and Best Practices in the Data Center
- 2 November 2009 - Blade.org Announces New Chairman and Expands Its Board of Directors
- 15 October 2009 - IEEE Conformity Assessment Program Announces Agreement with UNH InterOperability Laboratory to Collaborate on Conformity Assessment Initiatives
- October 2009 - Certification: A Panacea for a Paranoid Society? (In Compliance Magazine)
- 30 September 2009 - Entrust, IBM, Microsoft, Novell, Ping Identity, SAP and Siemens Pass Liberty Alliance SAML 2.0 Interoperability Testing
- 24 September 2009 - Michigan Healthcare Information Exchange Adopts Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance Framework
- 19 November 2009 - LiMo Foundation Announces an MOU for Formation of Korean LiMo Ecosystem Association
- 19 November 2009 - SK Telecom and Samsung Electronics to Launch LiMo Compliant Handset from Samsung Electronics
- 15 October 2009 - OMTP’s Advanced Trusted Environment Guidelines To Underpin Contactless Mobile Phone Payments
- 3 December 2009 - Wireless power consortium adds leading technology brands, signals further momentum for global adoption of Qi standard
- 30 September 2009 - Nokia joins Wireless Power Consortium
Visit the IEEE-ISTO News Page »