RFDS Agreement secured
The Association is pleased to advise that the Royal Flying Doctors (Western Operations) AMA Medical Practitioners Agreement 2013 (the Agreement) was registered by the Fair Work Commission on 8 January 2013.
A summary of the key changes made is as follows:
• An 11 per cent increase to base salary over three years
• An 11 per cent increase to the Senior Medical Officer Allowance over three years
• An 11 per cent increase to the On-Call Allowance over three years
• An agreement to enforce the 10-hour break provision and ensure there is support for its practice.
During the negotiations RFDS had flagged several areas in which they wanted to introduce major changes:• Remove the ability for the Performance Bonus to be taken as leave
• Require practitioners to contribute towards the cost of providing housing
• Require practitioners to fill in time sheets after each shift.
The Association successfully negotiated to ensure that the above claims were not included in the Agreement.
For more information, please click here.