|
Strathfield eNews No images? Click here 6 August 2026
Dear Residents, The Strathfield Spring Festival is only one month away! Mark your calendars for Saturday 5 September from 10am - 5pm at Strathfield Park for live music, food trucks, rides, kids activities and so much more. Council is excited to bring this beloved event back and look forward to residents enjoying the day and the change of season. Head to the website for more information. Finally, this week is Local Government Week and I would like to take the opportunity to thank Council Staff for all their dedication and hard work in helping make our local area a fantastic place to live. Watch my video about the importance of Local Government Week on YouTube.
Cr Benjamin Cai, Mayor of Strathfield 🎉🌸 One Month Until Strathfield Spring Festival 🌸🎉 Join us for the return of our much-loved Spring Festival on Saturday 5 September 2026! Get ready for a fun-filled day for the whole family, featuring talented local performances, exciting carnival rides for the kids, delicious food, fun games, and plenty of surprises throughout the day. Save the date, gather your family and friends, and get ready for an unforgettable community celebration. For more information, please visit our Council website. We cannot wait to see you there! 📅Saturday 5 September 2026 Strathfield History Talk this Saturday John Johnson will discuss stories from his book The Model Suburb: A history of the Malvern Hill Estate, Croydon. The talk will highlight how the Malvern Hill Estate developed, the architecture and architects, and the interesting people who lived there including actors, soldiers and politicians. 📅Saturday 8 August Registrations are required for this event. Have a Chat With The Mayor Of Strathfield In Homebush Meet Strathfield Mayor, Councillor Benjamin Cai at his upcoming Street Meetings this Saturday! NOTICE: George Street Bridge Closed for Maintenance from 17 August Council contractors will be undertaking maintenance works on the George Street Bridge in Ismay Reserve, which links to the ALDI car park, from 17 August 2026. The works are expected to take approximately 3 to 5 days (weather permitting). The bridge will be closed while these works are being carried out. Signage will be displayed and a detour will be in place directing pedestrians to follow the path to Parramatta Road. For more information about these works, please refer to the Public Notice on our website. The Tractor Chapters: Annabel Butler Official Opening 13 August The Tractor Chapters by Annabel Butler is the next art exhibition to feature in the Ironbark Gallery! The Tractor Chapters brings together paintings, drawings, sculptures and assemblages reflecting the artist's decades-long fascination with vehicles. Pre-school Story Time at the Library Taking care of a pre-schooler and looking for a way to keep them entertained? Bring them to Pre-school Story Time at Strathfield Council Library & Innovation Hub! Together you will enjoy songs, rhymes and stories targeted to their age group. 📅 Wednesdays (excluding public and school holidays) For more information please phone 8762 0222. National Homelessness Week In recognition of National Homelessness Week, Council is calling out to all residents to donate non-perishable food to our Homelessness Food Appeal. Donation collection sites are available at Strathfield Council Library, Strathfield Council Customer Service and Bendigo Bank Homebush until the 11th August. THROWBACK THURSDAY 26 and 28 Rochester Street, Homebush, 30 July 2026. Courtesy Strathfield Local Studies 26 and 28 Rochester Street, Homebush Numbers 26 and 28 Rochester Street Homebush were built by builder, John Dodson in 1915 on Lot 5, Section 4 of the Underwood Estate at an estimated cost of £600 each. Both feature ornate fretwork and stained-glass windows. The land belonged to Dodson’s son, Francis. Strathfield Council’s long-term overseer, James Fitzgerald lived at Geraldine (number 28) until his death in 1917. Opposite is the pathway to Fitzgerald Park, named after him. By 1924 both investment properties were owned by Alfred Genge. Interestingly, number 26 was once called Florenceville while number 28 was briefly named Winnie on early valuation records. EVENTS Reading Rangers DEVELOPMENT APPLICATIONS Development Application Development Application Development Application |