Dear Ministers and Congregations,
As mentioned in my previous emails we continue to monitor the SA State Government's guidelines in relation to managing current COVID restrictions.
The Crisis Management Team met again this morning and from this meeting we can advise that the current Public Activities No.15 still applies. From Monday, 14th December, 2020 we advise that the main changes for congregations will be:
- Church Services capacity of one person per 2sqm
- Weddings and funerals capacity of one per 2sqm, capped at 200 people
- Standing consumption permitted indoors and outdoors (no communal food or beverage areas)
- Home gatherings capped at 50 people
- People encouraged to return to their workplace if currently working from home
- Masks remain mandatory for visits to healthcare settings until 23 December, 2020
- Congregations who operate separate retail activities, such as cafes and op shops, will also need to display QR codes from Monday if they are not already doing so.
Where there is any discrepancy or doubt relating to specific directions, congregations should continue to follow their latest COVID-Safe Plan until a revised plan is received. Where congregations have not yet received a COVID-Safe Plan, we recommend that you contact the COVID-hotline as you could have been inadvertently dropped off of the system. The COVID-hotline number is: 1800 253 787.
As you once again plan for ministry activities it is with an understanding that COVID conditions still apply and that you resist the temptation to relax COVID restrictions prior to the 14th. We also advise that the Synod office and Uniting College will re-open for business again from next Monday.
As you transition back, we recommend that you continue to apply your COVID-Safe Plan and to maintain physical distancing, personal hygiene and recording of attendance.
I thank you again for your resilience and your ability to respond quickly and with patience and grace.
If you have further questions, please continue to work with your presbyteries or contact:
Rev Philip Gardner
Phone: (08) 8236 4268.
Our prayers continue to be with you as you pastorally care for those you are in ministry with.
Grace and peace,