November! That has come around fast. We are still on a wonderful high after our 5th Global Consultation. If you were not able to join us in Thun for this, the material from this is becoming available on our
web site, along with the Consultation papers. (Apologies for the delay – the size of the recordings has meant some editing and web site changes). It was particularly rewarding to hear the confirmation for the Micah Network, affirming the niche we fill:
1) Global network with members drawn from 85 countries at present
2) Have a strong Southern representation
3) Bringing together a spectrum of Christian initiatives (aid agencies, mission societies, colleges, and local churches) all passionate about integral mission
4) Integrating theology and practice
5) Committed to the poor, marginalised and oppressed
6) United to stand and speak out for justice.
Conversations from the Consultation are continuing – a new forum has been established for those working with and for children. Plans are being drawn up for 2013. The Beyond Thun 2012 paper we published is prompting action.
So much to be thankful for and we are inspired to continue our journey.
None of this would be possible apart from the amazing generosity of our members. Thank you to your faithfulness.
I need to ask members for one last push before the year ends. The 5th Global Consultation broke all records: 412 registered from 58 countries. However, with the difficulties of visa applications 67 of the participants were unable to attend and the impact was serious on our Consultation finances. We need to raise funds to ensure we cover all our commitments before the end of the year. You can help play a part in this in three ways:
1) If you have not sent your 2012 membership contribution in as yet – please do so. Go to “Contribute” to see how.
2) If you are able to raise extra support and send this through marked as support for Micah Network, please do so. If we are all able to give what we can then like the parable of the fish and loves, God will multiple and cover the need.
3) Pray for the release of the funds needed.
Thanks for standing with us.
In His Service