Now Write! editor Laurie Lamson has been slowly developing an exercise/preparation book for actors similar to the Now Write! books.
This will be a collection of essays from acting professionals and experts to include actors, directors, teachers, coaches and casting directors.
If you or someone you know has an acting secret, career advice, or preparation process to share with aspiring actors, you are welcome to submit a 2-5 page essay that includes an exercise / preparation / action step(s.)
As in the Now Write! books, the essay should cover why the preparation/exercise is important, and/or how the contributor has used it in their own work.
Since actors are not necessarily writers, there is the option to contribute through a brief, recorded interview. Laurie will have it transcribed, copy edit, and submit to the contributor for approval.
- Researching/Developing/Embodying Characters or Portraying Real People
- Scenes: Planning Motivations, Beat Changes, Blocking, etc.
- Dialogue & Subtext
- Thematics – Telling the Story Through Character Choices
- Working in a Specific Medium – Stage, Film, TV, Webseries, Voice Acting
- Choosing Material – Monologues & Roles
- Collaboration – Working with Writers, Directors, other Actors
- Acting Career – Business Side, Auditioning, etc.
- Special Challenges of Film Acting – Scenes Out of Sequence/Gaps in Filming Time/Playing Without Real Actors & Environment
If interested in participating: please email Laurie.