Progress update on Stage 1 and Stage 2
Stage 2 (Brigham Creek to Kumeū) is progressing, with detailed design underway. Like the rest of New Zealand and other parts of the world, we are facing the challenges related to the impacts of COVID-19, a constrained labour market, supply chain issues and cost escalations. While design work has been taking place, we have secured additional funding to cover this rise in costs with endorsement from the Waka Kotahi Board earlier this month.
In the coming months, we will be speaking with landowners about how their property may be affected and to hear their feedback. If you are one of these landowners we will reach out to you shortly. Once the design has been confirmed following landowner engagement, we aim to lodge a consent application with Auckland Council in late 2022.
The design for Stage 1 (Huapai to Waimauku) is complete and this remains on hold due to the appeal on the Notice of Requirement. An Environment Court hearing was held in August 2021 and we anticipate a decision on this soon.