Public Information Sessions
13 July 2018
The NZ Transport Agency will be undertaking a series of information sessions for the public, for both the Manawatū Gorge Replacement Route and the Ashhurst Traffic Mitigation Project. These will be drop-in sessions, running for four hours each.
We have three sessions in Ashhurst – we will be discussing our proposed package of measures to mitigate Ashhurst traffic noise and safety issues, as well as providing an update on Manawatū Gorge Replacement Route.
• Thursday July 19, 4-8pm, Ashhurst Village Valley Hall
• Friday July 20, 4-8pm Ashhurst Village Valley Hall
• Saturday, July 21, 10am-2pm, Ashhurst School
We then have four sessions to provide an update on the Manawatū Gorge Replacement Route only.
• Wednesday, July 25, 4-8pm, Woodville Supper Room
• Thursday, July 26, 4-8pm, Palmerston North Convention Centre
• Tuesday, July 31, 4-8pm, Dannevirke Sports Centre (Supper Room)
• Wednesday, August 1, 4-8pm, Pahīatua Town Hall (Supper Room)
The Manawatū Gorge Replacement Route update will include information on the current preliminary design, what to expect during construction, a preliminary flyover animation, the project renaming and an opportunity for the community to provide feedback. We encourage anyone to attend and interact with the project team members.
You will also be able to have your say about proposed permanent changes to the speed limit on the Saddle Road. The proposal is a permanent change to 80km/h to ensure an on-going safe roading environment – if you would like to have your say but can’t attend any of the sessions, please email email@example.com for more information.