What did we do in May and June?
• Continued preparation work for the new SH1 northbound lanes through Tarewa Park. In some places this has involves a process called undercutting which sees us strengthen ‘soft spots’ underneath the new road base.
• Continued to relocate the existing services into ‘service trenches’ along the western and south-eastern sides of Otaika Road and on Tarewa Road.
• Specialist teams continued to connect and liven the renewed services in the new service trench and to private properties.
• Continued to build the new retaining walls and acoustic fences on private properties. These will help to support SH1 when it’s widened to two lanes in each direction and will minimise road noise for residents.
• Began to install the new storm water main in Tarewa Park. The main pipe is 800mm in diameter and will help to ensure our waterways are kept clean
Image 2 (below): An undercut for the new northbound lanes is underway to strengthen a ‘soft spot’ below the road base.