Plan ahead for SH35 closures this week
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency is encouraging people to plan ahead and time their travel around closures on State Highway 35 between Kopuaroa Road and Ihungia Road, north of Te Puia Springs, tomorrow (Wednesday 25th May) and Thursday (26 May) this week.
The closures are to allow contractors to safely replace culverts where the road is too narrow to safely allow traffic to pass while the work is underway.
Closures have been timed to avoid peak commuter and school traffic and will run between:
• 8.30am to midday;
• 12.30pm to 2.30pm; and
• 3.30pm to 5pm.
People are asked to plan their travel to avoid these times or expect lengthy delays.
Visit the Waka Kotahi Journey Planner website (journeys.nzta.govt.nz) for up-to-date information about the works.
Waka Kotahi thanks motorists for their patience while we undertake this important work.
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey. Keep up to date with:
• Traffic updates: journeys.nzta.govt.nz/traffic
• Facebook: facebook.com/NZTAHBG
• Twitter: twitter.com/WakaKotahiCNI
• Journey planner: journeys.nzta.govt.nz
• Phone: 0800 4 HIGHWAYS (0800 44 44 49
We have a vision of zero deaths and serious injuries on New Zealand roads. Learn more about:
• Road to Zero – our plan to achieve this vision
• Our vision – video explaining Road to Zero and what we’re trying to achieve
• What Waka Kotahi is doing to support Road to Zero