Intended programme for w/c Monday 12 August (weather dependent, therefore subject to change)
Owens Place A contra flow remains in place during pavement works in the verge next to HomeZone. No traffic delays expected Nights & days: Ongoing.
SH2 & SH29A Truck and trailer movements through site access points to move construction plant and deliver materials. No traffic delays expected. Days: 9am to 4pm
SH2 / Maunganui Rd Southbound Night works - Lane closure required while a manhole is installed between the Bayfair roundabout and Exeter Street. No traffic delays expected Monday 12 August. Night: 7pm to 6am Tuesday.
SH2 / Maunganui Rd Northbound Lane closure required south of the Bayfair roundabout, while stone column installation takes place next to live traffic lanes. Sunday 18 August to Wednesday 21 August.Nights: 7pm to 6am.
Advanced notice of significant works
SH2 southbound & Girven Road Lane closures will be in place from the Bayfair roundabout to Exeter Street while asphalt is laid. Thursday 22 August. Night: 7pm to 6am.
SH2 northbound Lane closure – testing on stone columns south of Bayfair roundabout. Sunday 25 August to Tuesday 27 August. Nights: 7pm to 6am.
SH2 southbound Traffic switch Bayfair roundabout/Girven Rd. Wednesday 28 August. Night: 7pm to 6am.
SH2 northbound Traffic switch Bayfair roundabout/ Matapihi Rd. Thursday 29 August. Night: 7pm to 6am.
Long-term traffic management
• State Highway 2 between Te Maunga intersection and Concord Avenue - narrowed lanes and a 50km/h temporary speed restriction are in place for the duration of the project.
• Bayfair roundabout – a 30km/h temporary speed restriction is in place for the duration of the project.
• Matapihi Road, adjacent to the golf driving range – narrowed lanes and a 30km/h temporary speed restriction is in place for the duration of the project. The Golf 360 driveway entrance has been moved towards the rail crossing while pavement works are carried out.
• Bayfair Shopping Centre SH2 northern entrance (closest to Concord Ave) – closed while pavement works are carried out.
• Girven Road, near the Bayfair roundabout - narrowed lanes are in place for the duration of the project and the right-turn from the Bayfair Shopping Centre car park onto Girven Road is permanently closed.
• Access onto State Highway 2 / Maunganui Road from Exeter Street is closed for about 18 months. Resident only access.
• SH29A near Baypark – narrowed lanes and a 50km/h temporary speed restriction are in place for the duration of the project.
• SH2 Papamoa-bound slip lane at the Te Maunga intersection is permanently closed.