What will we do?
February and March
• We will continue to build the new service trench along SH1 and on Tarewa Road. As the work progresses, specialist teams will install services such as water, telecommunications, gas and drainage that will service homes in the work area.
• As we complete each section of the new service trench, we will backfill them. This will allow us to remove the metal plates which are used to maintain access to driveways.
• The team will install the new service trench across Matipo Place. Please know that vehicle access to Matipo Place will be maintained while this work is undertaken.
• Continue building the western side of the new Otaika Bridge.
• Continue construction of the new acoustic fences and retaining walls on properties along Otaika Road.
• Continue preparation work for the new SH1 northbound lanes in Tarewa Park.
Image 2 (above, right): A 23m beam is installed on the west side of Otaika Bridge. Each beam weighs about 30 tonnes.
Image 3 (above, left): New power and water lines are installed in the new services trench on SH1.