Main South Road - permanent layout changes
From early September 2019, a series of permanent layout changes will take place on Main South Road between Dawsons Road and Kirk Road.
The following safety improvements in this area are part of the Transport Agency’s ongoing commitment to creating safer journeys:
• The southbound passing lane will be permanently removed
• The new lane configuration will be two lanes northbound and one lane southbound
• A flush median will divide the northbound and southbound lanes
• Wider shoulders will be provided on both sides
• There will be an increase in stacking room in the right-hand turning bay into Dawsons Road from Main South Road.
These changes will take place over a four-week period and be carried out as both day and night works. Stop/Go traffic management will be in place during night shifts.
Please follow all on-site signage and drive to the conditions, as traffic management and temporary speed limits will be in place.
More information is available here.