Stage Two: SH16 Brigham Creek to Kumeu
Our team is continuing to work on the design. Through consultation with the community, we have identified a significant number of additional project requirements and consequently we need a substantial increase in funding to implement this stage. That application for additional funding has been made and we are expecting a decision on whether increased funding is available in mid-2020.
As part of our consultation with the community, we have gone through a process to confirm that this part of the project should include a shared path. This has been included in the additional funding request. When we consulted with the community in 2018 on the idea of a shared path, there was strong support for including a shared path. See the summary of this feedback here.
To minimise the amount of property required and traffic disruption, we need to coordinate building the path at the same time as the upgrade to the road. These changes and the need to secure additional funding mean the project timeframes and construction start date have changed. We are eager to keep progressing, so while we are waiting for a decision on funding we will continue work on the design (including the new scope), site investigations and preparing for consents required. We will start more detailed site investigations mid-2020 with surveying, services, utility location, geotechnical investigations and bore holes. This will allow us to keep progressing our design work.
The timeframe below is indicative only, as it is dependent on property acquisition, funding approval and resource consenting. We will continue to update this as progress and approvals are received.